Here are some activities for your classroom:
- Football reading comprehension: I found this reading comprehension page about the history of football from ABCteach.com
- Read a book about football to your students
- Gunner, Football Hero
- My Football Book
- Coach Hyatt is a Riot
(all photos from JoCo Library site)
- Hold a Paper Football Tournament
- This would be a great way to incorporate math into your Super Bowl celebration, measure the distance each student's football goes and well as keeping score & having play-offs
- Be sure you know how to play and how to fold the football
- Create a graph of your students' predictions of the Super Bowl winner
- Have students color in a helmet with their team's colors, examples here and here
- KidZone.com has more resources of Super Bowl winner predictions
- Find the cities of the teams on a US map and where the game is being played
- If you school allows, have a mini Super Bowl party with treats!
Are you ready for some football?!