Monday, July 8, 2013

Cursive Freebie on TpT

At the beginning of each school year, I give my students a one-minute math assessment. It is double sided sheet with the same equations on both sides. They take the assessment in August and then again on the last day of school. They LOVE to see how much faster they are at math in just one school year.

So this got me thinking, why don't I do this for cursive handwriting? So many of my third graders are PUMPED about {finally} learning how to write in cursive. I searched for a cursive "pretest" on TpT and didn't find anything simple and easy, so I created one myself. And it's a freebie for you!

Use this Cursive Pretest at the beginning of your school year to see how much cursive your students know. It's great to get a snapshot of your students' undersanding of cursive handwriting.

Something fun to do with this pretest is to keep it to look at in May. The students will LOVE seeing how much their handwriting improves over the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment