Friday, August 9, 2013

From Summer to Work

This was me on Tuesday:
This is what I was working on today:
We are officially back to work from summer. Today was our first day back to work. We had our welcome back district meeting this morning. It was a great, inspiring time! We had two fish mongers from Seattle's World Famous Pike's Place Fish Market come speak to us. I can't say enough good things about the speech. One quote from them I especially loved is "No day is a bad day, just tough moments within the day". This is inspiring to me because the each part of the day can be looked at as moments in the day. If our reading time does not go well, that does not mean that math won't go well. Each of us, me as the teacher and all the students, are there to make the decision to create the best environment for each other.

Can't wait to meet the kiddos next Tuesday night and the first (half) day next Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment