Monday, August 13, 2012

O'fish'ally 3rd Graders

I have decided to have a fish theme in my classroom this year. Here's my fish-infused classroom!

Outside Hallway Bulletin Board

Fishie Birthdays! I was inspired by Life...as I Know It for this idea. I printed a fishbowl for each month of the year. Then, I found a cute little fish outline for each student to place on their birth month. I wrote their names and their birthdays. Did you spot the popular month?!

During Meet The Teacher Night before school starts, along with my party sign-ups, conference sign-ups, and contact forms, I put out a wish list of sorts. I made a note that says "Swim over and make a donation to our classroom" along with di-cut fish with items I'd like to have in our classroom.

During the first week of school, each student will paint their very own fish. We used a salt dough recipe to make the fish. The fish will be hung from the ceiling and become year-long decorations. The students really take their time decorating their fish and each one is very unique. Plus, they are begging to take them home at the end of the school year!

At Meet the Teacher Night, the students will get a goldfish treat with the note recognizing them as o'fish'al 3rd Graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment