After reading If I Were President with class, students wrote in their journals how they would change the world for the better. It was interesting to read their ideas on how the world could improve.
These are some of our wishes to change the world:
- If I could change the the world, I would change the malls into parks so that we could play all the time. I would make more football stadiums so that the football players do not have to travel a lot.
- I would not change anything about the world. I like the world how it is. I like everything about it except the prices. I wish the prices were lower.
- To make this world a better place, I would not little at all. I would not call people names either. I would tell people not to hit or not to be mean.
- I would change the world by having a machine that would pick up trash. I would pick up trash. I would grow plants and trees.
- If I were President, I would make a law that there would not be any pollution. There will be more trash cans where you are. So the Earth would be pollution free!
- I would paint the world so it is more colorful. Then the would would not be all the same. It would be more playful and more fun. There would be lots of love and not smacking and no drinking bad drinks so the would is not bad.
- I would lower tax movey because we pay a lot of money. And we can't live like that, but we need a reason to pay so much money.
- If I were President, I would send a note to the people who make laws. It would be about smoking and drugs that are really bad. You do not want loved ones to die by smoking or drugs. If I got a veto, then I would keep sending it until they accept.
- I would teach kids to do cursive. I would clean the world to be spotless. I would tell poepl no weapons.
- If I could change the world, I would make sure that there is no smoking or drinking. Because poepl do die because of it. It is very sad because it is there fault that they died. They need our help.
- I will feed that school healthy food. So the students can be healthy. And to be strong. I would have people treat each other nice.
- If I could change the world, I would help peace and no war. I would make a law that if anyone gets caught trying to kill, they will be executed. I would also make a law for no smoking.
- If I chould change the world, I would not. I would only change one thing, no fighting. Other than that, the world is fine.
I love seeing the world through the eyes of a 3rd Grader :)