Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Bad Case of Stripes Art Day!

After reading A Bad Case of Stripes during the first week of school, we added a little art to our schema!
A Bad Case of Stripes

First the students traced two hands onto white construction paper. Their direction was to decorate their hand any way they would like. We reviewed all the designs in the book and discussed a variety of lines (diagonal, zigzag, crisscross, wavy, etc.). They had to cover up the white in the background as much as possible. They had a ball with this and got vary creative with their hands. My plan is to make a hand wreath with their finished products!



Our second Bad Case of Stripes art projects was decorating themselves! Earlier in the week, I took a picture of each of my students. I told them to strike a pose and some of them got really silly with it! I printed their pictures off black & white. Again, we discussed the designed in Base Case, and I let them color freely with markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils! They turned out awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun is this!? I love this book and even dressed up as Camilla one year for book character day. Love it!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete