Sunday, July 29, 2012

Made It Monday - 3rd Grade Kit, Birthday Treats


I'm linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for Made It Monday! I was able to complete a few small projects for this Monday It Monday! I put together my students' first day 3rd Grade Kits and Birthday Treats.

First were the 3rd Grade Kits: The attached note reads
  • Smartie: You are a "Smartie"
  • Stick of Gum: "Stick" to it and I know you will be able to do anything!
  • Peppermint: You are "mint" for our class!
  • Eraser: It's okay to make a mistake, "erase" and keep trying!
  • Smile Stickers: "Smile", 3rd grade is going to be a lot of FUN!!
  • We're going to have a GREAT year! XOXO Mrs. Brown

Then I just baggied up those items and stapled the note onto the bag. Quick & easy and such a hit with the students!

Secondly, I put together my birthday treats. I downloaded the birthday balloon outline from Teaching Third. Then, printed on them on bright cardstock, cut them out, and attached them to a birthday pencil and a fancy sucker. Can't wait to give them out on birthdays & summer half-birthdays :)


5 comments:

  1. I do a little welcome bag too! I was so flustered on the first day last year I forgot to send it home!


    Stephany
    primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I have nominated you for an award...you can pick it up at Spottedaroundtheschool.blogspot.com

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gift idea. I'm your newest follower. I love teaching 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your made-its are great! I too have nominated you for an award (hopefully it's not the same one, lol). Stop by my blog to check it out. :)
    Cathy :)
    C is for Cookies, Cakes, Children, Classroom, and Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really cute! :) You're birthday balloons are great also. Wish I would have thought about that awhile ago.

    Thanks for stopping by our blog. Hope you have an amazing school year. :)
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete