Monday, July 23, 2012

Made It Monday: Response Feedback Board


I'm linking up with Tara over at 4th Grade Frolics for Made It Monday!

I just have one project to show for this Made It Monday, but I am so very excited to use it this school year! I had originally pinned this student feedback board from Cheryl's Classroom Tips. Then, I saw how The Teaching Thief adapted this board and included a theme. Well, I am amping up my fish theme this school year, so of course I made my feedback board with fish!

First, I di-cut the fish for the board. I decided to do 28 instead of 24 because you never know what could happen in these years of budget cuts. Better to have more fish than not enough!


Printed off numbers and cut them into squares for the fish. Then, I added the numbers and glued everything down!

Finished product!!!!!! Off to the laminator!!!


My plan is to attach this to the wall along with a holder for sticky notes for the students to write their responses. I will either verbally give prompts (i.e., "What is the theme of this story?") or post it near the board (i.e., "When do you use multiplication in everyday life?"). This gives me a quick way to get feedback from my students and know who is understanding concepts in the classroom.

15 comments:

  1. That's a really cute idea. I might have to 'borrow' it for my room.

    Geez, this whole Monday-made-it thing makes me feel both energized and panicked! How will I ever get all these new projects done and the ones I already have planned?!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow away! That's what great teachers do :)

      I know what you mean about summer closing out and school closing in on us! I need to get in the classroom!

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of using a shape for each student's section. I liked the idea of having a designated spot for each student to put his or her post-it, but the simple grid was a little boring. I am now going to make one for my football themed classroom. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Lauren
    http://thetravelingthirdgradeteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a football themed classroom. Have you been over to 3rd Grade Gridiron (http://www.3rdgradegridiron.com/)? I think you'd like it!

      Welcome to the blogging world, I am a follower of you know :)
      Erin

      Delete
  3. I love your ideas! I am nominating you for the Liebster Award-stop by sometime and check it out!

    ~Julie
    TheHipTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! It turned out so cute. I've always thought I'd love doing a beach/fish theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My last name used to be Fisher, so I've always had a fondness for fish. I am excited to get more of a fish/ocean theme in my classroom!
      Erin

      Delete
  5. this is such a smart idea thanks for sharing... im your newest follower...drop by =)


    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great and easy idea! I am so uncrafty and am always looking for something I can do with my limited abilities. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog through the newbie blog hop and I am your newest follower!! It is so cute!! I would love for you to visit when you have a chance.

    Jess
    Mrs. Wood's Class

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your board! I'm always collecting post-its from my students and they're always getting lost and out of control! This would be a great way to organize them!

    Come check out my blog if you get a chance!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out great! What a cute blog so happy I found it!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work looks fantastic! I am nominating you for the Liebster Blog Award-- stop by my blog for more information!

    http://annabanana1986.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Erin!
    I love your blog! I am also nominating you for an award. Visit my blog to pick it up. :)

    Alex

    ReplyDelete