Friday, July 6, 2012

One Lovely Blog Award


I am so excited to have been nominated by Mrs. Slocum from Teachers Don't Steal - They Share! for the One Lovely Blog Award! I absolutely LOVE reading all the teaching blogs out there and I am so happy that others are reading mine and, I hope, getting something useful out of it.

There are only 4 rules to follow once you've received this award :)
1. Follow the person who gave you the award
2. Link back to the person that gave you the award
3. Pass the award on to 10 new bloggers
4. Share 7 random facts about you


I am passing on the award to the following 10 blogs:
1. Journey of a Substitute Teacher
2. *Teaching Maddeness*
3. 005 Watkins' Way
4. 3rd Grade Sprinkles
5. Mrs. Standford's Class
6. Where Learning Is Fun
7. Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons
8. technology rocks. seriously.

My random facts:
1. I am working to become a better cook. Baking is where my heart is, but you can only survive so long on cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and pie.
2. I met my husband when I was 16. We were high school sweethearts, dated through college, broke up while I was student teaching (we now refer to that as the "intermission" of our relationship ;) And were married in March 2010!

3. I am a HUGE Kansas Jayhawk fan! Nothing makes me happier than wearing a crimson & blue shirt on a Jayhawk game day! Our family room is decorated in all KU items!

4. I ran the KC Color Run on June 30th. It was soooo much messy fun. If you have the Color Run coming to your city, get signed up!


5. Traveling is my favorite thing to do! We try to go to a new place each year and would like to check all 50 states off our "been there" list!

6. I love to watch the Kansas City Royals play baseball. I am super pumped that the All-Star game is in Kansas City this year and all the festivities that go along with it!

7. I am a Sigma Kappa. I joined the sorority at KU my freshman year and am now an active Alumna as an advisor!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I have seen several people participate in the Color Run and think it sounds really fun. I looked and there are none remotely close to me. I was quite sad :( I think it is awesome that you would like to hit all 50 states. I would love to see the other parts of the country. Needless to say I have not ventured very far from my dear little country town in PA. Maybe someday :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your random facts. I was concerned though when you said you were a Jayhawks fan :) but felt much better when you said you loved watching the Royals play. Just teasing you about KU. We are awarding you the Versatile Bloggers award. Stop by our website to receive it. :)

    http://4321teach.blogspot.com/
    Antoinette and Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a sigma kappa too! I just found your blog and recognized the crest we have one in our house at UF!
    One Heart, One way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through the newbie linky and am your newest follower. I am a fourth grade teacher. I also got married in March 2010! I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime.:)
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I live in KS too...but I don't sport the KU...we are FL Gator fans! :) I'm glad to have found you!

    I'm your newest follower! I hope you can check out and follow my blog soon! :)

    Elizabeth
    Mrs. Hodge and Her Kindergarten Kids

    ReplyDelete